The Back Story behind MrNEDBAG

I am a member of the United States delegation to the NATO Emitter Data Base Advisory Group (NEDBAG). I've been a member of that group for almost 25 years. In fact I've been a member longer than anyone else. I believe I've attended 40 regular meetings and who knows how many working groups. Somewhere along the line someone called me Mr. NEDBAG and it stuck. I've been told by many people I have the best job in the world and I tend to agree.


Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring has sprung.

Sorry it’s been so long since my last update. I’m back to a full work load and pretty much back to a normal schedule – busy. Where I would normally write these updates on Sunday afternoons, I’m now back to doing those weekend catch-up jobs in-between business trips. The up side is I’m doing better, so cancer is in the back of my mind and not taking up anywhere near the time it did only a few months ago.

I write this from the airport in Madrid, Spain. I just finished up a week in Estroil, Portugal, this is my 3rd trip to Europe so far this year – I’m going to apply for EU membership.

I’ve seen all three doctors within the last 3 weeks and I’m told I’m doing very well. Still have some issues with my throat and dry mouth, but I’ve seen some improvement. I can taste most things now and the ability to taste seems to last longer before going a bit muted. Salivary glands are still not up to par, and I still need to have water available 24 hours a day. I only wake up once or twice a night for a drink of water. I’ve gained back a total of 20 pounds and I’m happy with that weight. More time in the gym will keep it off my waist.

Two of my doctors will be leaving San Antonio in the next couple of months, so we said good bye. I thanked them profusely and they said I was one of their good patients. I guess that’s a little dubious, I managed to come out on this side cancer free, not all their patients are as lucky. My third doctor has moved to another military hospital here in San Antonio, so I still see him. My appointments are now at 3 month intervals vice 1 month. It shouldn’t be too long before I move to 6 month intervals.

Thanks for checking in on me, I wish you all well.

Take care,
Miller, out

No comments:

Post a Comment