The Back Story behind MrNEDBAG

I am a member of the United States delegation to the NATO Emitter Data Base Advisory Group (NEDBAG). I've been a member of that group for almost 25 years. In fact I've been a member longer than anyone else. I believe I've attended 40 regular meetings and who knows how many working groups. Somewhere along the line someone called me Mr. NEDBAG and it stuck. I've been told by many people I have the best job in the world and I tend to agree.


Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy New Year! – Good riddens 2010 !!!!

Ok, I’m glad to see 2010 behind me. I guess I could rail on about how bad it was, but that would be a waste of time, instead I’ll say I learned a lot about life and how important it is to pay attention to your family and friends. I tend not to do that and it’s a serious fault. I’m going to try and do better in the future.

This time last year I was in the middle of the gut wrenching dilemma of deciding on what treatment to choose to treat my cancer. It was a terrible time and Terry and I were trying to make decisions based on very poor information and no one to guide us through the process but my doctors. The three of them each had their own opinions and needless to say they focused on their own specialties. I guess that’s to be understood, but we could have used a good arbitrator. In the end I guess we made the right decision, I’m cancer free.

I’ve seen all three of my doctors over the last month and they are happy as usual with my progress. I still have issues with my throat and mouth, but they are improving slowly. My taste buds seem to be healing and I can taste more for longer periods of time. I don’t need as much water to get through the day (and night). I’ve been told that I won’t need to come in and see the doctors as often, we’ll be going to a 3 month check-up schedule over the next 12 months.

We went to Green Bay over the holidays, I got to attend the Packer / New York Giants football game (it was cold , but we won !!) My brother offered up one of his tickets, I don’t know why his wife Katey didn’t want to go to the game. It was a good reminder why I live in Texas. We had a couple of feet of snow on the ground and I’m not sure it got above 30 degrees while we were there. We had a white Christmas and got to spend some time with our friends and family and that was very special.

I’m writing this in a hotel in California. I’m on the first week of a 4 week travel session, so I guess I’m back in the swing of things. I spend a couple of days at home this coming weekend, but then it’s off across the pond to my other home Europe for two weeks. Then a stop off at home to do some laundry then a few days in Maryland, then back to Texas for a couple of weeks, before it’s time to head to Paris. What a life. What time zone am I in?

Miller, out

No comments:

Post a Comment