The Back Story behind MrNEDBAG

I am a member of the United States delegation to the NATO Emitter Data Base Advisory Group (NEDBAG). I've been a member of that group for almost 25 years. In fact I've been a member longer than anyone else. I believe I've attended 40 regular meetings and who knows how many working groups. Somewhere along the line someone called me Mr. NEDBAG and it stuck. I've been told by many people I have the best job in the world and I tend to agree.


Sunday, July 4, 2010

Just another week.

Well I hope everyone on this side of the pond is enjoying the 4th of July holiday. For those of you on the other side of the pond y’all just enjoy the World Cup. How many think it will be NLD/GER??

I’m sitting here with a dram of Jameson’s Irish whiskey, because it doesn’t taste bad, my throat seems to tolerate it, it’s a holiday, and damn it, cause I want to! I’m still not drinking beer, but I haven’t tried it either. I guess there is a possibility that the carbonation won’t affect my throat as much now. Red wine still tastes bad and white wine isn’t much better.

Terry bought me a new BBQ grill; actually the Orion Cooker is a new, outdoor convection cooker that uses three cooking processes simultaneously: convection, steam and smoke (if desired). http://orionoutdoors.com/ It’s kind of hard to describe, it’s not really a grill, or a smoker, it’s more of an outdoor convection oven. Anyway, I cooked a 6lb brisket yesterday in 3 hours and it turned out pretty damn good. For those of you BBQ types out there y’all know cooking a brisket is 3 hours and expecting it to be anything like BBQ is a bit much. But I can tell you it turned out smokey and done (actually a bit over done). I’m thinking 2 ½ to 2 ¾ hours would have been just right. I understand ribs really turn out great using this device. (some of you know how I like ribs) The down side of course was I couldn’t really, really taste the brisket. But Terry approved, and also said next time we try ribs. This bad boy is big enough to cook a turkey (in 2 ½ hours).

As I said, I haven’t noticed much improvement this week. My throat hasn’t changed and I’m as dry as ever. My stamina seems to be improving though. I can tell the last 2 weeks in the gym have made an improvement, but I’ve got a long way to go yet.

So that’s it for this week, maybe I’ll turn this blog into a BBQ centric blog; I might have more to write about.

Cheers,
Miller, out

1 comment:

  1. Cheers, Mrs. Nedbag- and next time- I better get a taste of that Brisket!!!!!
    As always- you better keep on keeping on,
    we love ya, and hopefully - the next Independence Day will be a party,

    Dagi,Steve & clan

    ReplyDelete