The Back Story behind MrNEDBAG

I am a member of the United States delegation to the NATO Emitter Data Base Advisory Group (NEDBAG). I've been a member of that group for almost 25 years. In fact I've been a member longer than anyone else. I believe I've attended 40 regular meetings and who knows how many working groups. Somewhere along the line someone called me Mr. NEDBAG and it stuck. I've been told by many people I have the best job in the world and I tend to agree.


Sunday, June 27, 2010

Will this year’s heartache ever end????

US knocked out of the World Cup!! I was hoping the US would give a better showing, but maybe next time. The only conciliation I have is England joins us on the sidelines watching Germany make a run for it. For all my Euro-friends out there, I’ll be half-heartedly cheering on your teams, but I’m not getting up early to watch any of the games.

Nothing really to report. I can’t convey any improvement over last week. I exchanged emails with another Mike Miller this week that had the same cancer as I have 13 years ago and while I expressed my frustration over my slow recovery he said it’s going to be even worse than I expect. He said it took him years before he felt he was back at 100% and that the first couple of years are agonizingly slow. While I’m not happy about it, it beats the alternative. I guess I’ll have to be encouraged by every improvement, no matter how small.

Terry and I went out to dinner Friday night at one of our local fish restaurants, I ordered my usual fried fish and shrimp (small platter Vs my usual large) and as I told her as we got in the car to drive home, “well it filled the hole in my stomach, but it didn’t taste very good.” I could taste the actual fish and the coleslaw, but that great greasy fried flavor eluded me. Same thing happened at Saturday dinner, Terry bought some expensive steaks and I grilled them to perfection (I was told), but it was wasted on me; I couldn’t taste the meat at all. I might as well have been eating cardboard.

We have a new foster rescue in the house. Quincy was found wandering the streets of Dallas, TX. He made his way here to San Antonio through a group of dedicated rescuers. He’s a Bouvier De Flanders want-to-be. He is under weight, scraggly and in serious need of grooming, but he has a great personality and is getting alone with our two beasties famously. I’m sure his stay with us will be short.

So, I’ve managed to stretch this post about nothing into 5 paragraphs, not bad. I hope it wasn’t a waste of your time. I’ll try harder at improving over the next week.

Cheers,
Miller, out

1 comment:

  1. It WILL get better- just keep on keeping on.
    One day, things will be back to normal, just keep the fate.
    You are doing amazing, and we look forward to your weekly blog.

    And thanks for taking in Quincy :O)

    ReplyDelete