The Back Story behind MrNEDBAG

I am a member of the United States delegation to the NATO Emitter Data Base Advisory Group (NEDBAG). I've been a member of that group for almost 25 years. In fact I've been a member longer than anyone else. I believe I've attended 40 regular meetings and who knows how many working groups. Somewhere along the line someone called me Mr. NEDBAG and it stuck. I've been told by many people I have the best job in the world and I tend to agree.


Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Terry is on her way back to Texas from Green Bay. Her mother was moved to an assisted living facility on Thursday and seems to be settling in ok. She’s not thrilled to be there but understands it’s only a transition until she can take care of herself again. She should only be there 2 weeks. Terry has been amazing in her dedication to her mother and making sure she’s getting the best care. I know it’s been very stressful for her, I hope she can decompress a bit once she’s home.

I got my Percocet prescription renewed and I’ve been taking 2 a day up until Saturday. I didn’t take my usual morning dose and it didn’t seem to make much difference until later in the day. I also didn’t take a morning dose this morning and it seems somewhat bearable. It doesn’t make sense to me. The sore throat is uncomfortable, but not too painful until I try and swallow something.

I’ve still got a sore throat and my tongue and mouth are still sore as well. I managed to eat some meals containing noodles. On my trip back to San Antonio I had a lay-over in Chicago; I needed to eat so I tried a noodle dish from one of the Asian restaurants there at the food court. It wasn’t too uncomfortable to eat, so I tried a couple of quickie noodle dishes (add water, microwave) from the Asian section of our grocery store when I got home. Other then that I’m still mainly eating soup, boost and yogurt. I’m hovering around 150 lbs, that’s down from around 180 lbs back in December. It wouldn’t bother me too much, but a good portion of those 30 lbs was lean muscle mass not just fat.

I kind of feel like I’ve been hit by a truck today. I feel like I’ve got a cold, except I don’t have any of the head cold symptoms, I’m just achy all over. My hands hurt and I’ve got a band of mild pain that runs from under my arms across my chest. My back feels like I’ve been in the gym doing back exercises.

This could be a Erbitux side effect. One of the other cancer patients that was prescribed Erbitux complained of skin pain a couple of weeks after his treatments had stopped. He said his skin was very sensitive and painful and it hurt having clothes on. I’m hoping my body pain isn’t going that route. I’m not sure I want to take any more time off from work and I doubt Terry would be too impressed if all I wanted to do is sit around the house naked.

Thursday and Friday went well at work. I feel a bit drained during the mid-afternoon, but that may be attributed somewhat to boredom, the main computer I use is down and I’m not able to communicate with some of my European co-workers or access the material on that computer. It’s a good thing I’m a salaried employee and don’t have to account for a certain amount of production.

So, it’s been another unremarkable week as far as my recovery is concerned. I keep expecting to wake up one morning without a sore throat or tongue. I know that’s going to happen one day, I just want it to be sooner rather than later. This coming Tuesday will be 6 weeks since my last radiation treatment and I’m not sure I’ve made much improvement other than not having to take as much pain relief as I was taking then.

So, I guess that’s it for this up-date.

Y’all take care.
Miller, out

No comments:

Post a Comment