The Back Story behind MrNEDBAG

I am a member of the United States delegation to the NATO Emitter Data Base Advisory Group (NEDBAG). I've been a member of that group for almost 25 years. In fact I've been a member longer than anyone else. I believe I've attended 40 regular meetings and who knows how many working groups. Somewhere along the line someone called me Mr. NEDBAG and it stuck. I've been told by many people I have the best job in the world and I tend to agree.


Friday, January 15, 2010

So Now What Do We Do?

15 Jan 2010, Terry and I go to see Dr. Eller. Not as long of a wait in the waiting room this time. Dr. Eller sits us down and goes over the pathology report. 2.4 centimeter tumor, T2, N0, M0, squamous cell carcinoma (SCC), on the back of the tongue. Dr. Eller goes over what all that means and our heads spin. Next comes a lot of talk about possible procedures, surgery, chemo, radiation, combinations of each, radical neck disections, speech therapy, not being able to swallow, dry mouth, feeding tubes. Lots of notes that now don’t make any sense. Dr. Eller sets me up with appointments with hematology, radiation therapy, speech therapy and says we’ll meet again once I’ve talked to everyone else and gotten their sales pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment