The Back Story behind MrNEDBAG

I am a member of the United States delegation to the NATO Emitter Data Base Advisory Group (NEDBAG). I've been a member of that group for almost 25 years. In fact I've been a member longer than anyone else. I believe I've attended 40 regular meetings and who knows how many working groups. Somewhere along the line someone called me Mr. NEDBAG and it stuck. I've been told by many people I have the best job in the world and I tend to agree.


Sunday, January 17, 2010

Off To The Internet

In between the appointment on the 15th and my next appointment with hematology we both spend a lot of time doing research on the internet. There’s a lot of good, bad, mediocre, and down right crap out there. Be wery, wery careful. The biggest problem I had was finding information about my exact diagnosis. Every anecdotal case I came across was similar, but not exactly the same, or not similar at all, but had some good information. I was scared to death and couldn’t find enough good information to make an informed decision on which procedure to go with. I was afraid they were going to take too large a chunk out of my tongue and I wouldn’t be able to swallow, or my salivary glands were going to be destroyed by the radiation and I’d end up with serious dry mouth and swallowing problems. I was more afraid of the outcome, than I was for getting through whatever procedure I decided on.

No comments:

Post a Comment